Facilitators attend national and international development workshops to learn about the purpose and vision of the programme. This also helps our facilitators to understand the value of being globally connected.
Following these workshops, they can then begin to deliver the Active Citizens training programme to local communities around the world.
To be a facilitator, you should have the following skills and qualities:
- experience of writing and delivering training
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- good interpersonal and management skills
- analytical skills
- great at bringing people together
- a strong understanding of local and national culture and identity
- a commitment to your local community
- a value for learning, diversity and working effectively.